Option #1: Power in Organizations Paper
As you have read in this week’s required readings, there are three fundamental sources of power (or five when you look at expert and referent power) in any organization. Choose an organization you have worked for or researched and analyze the forms of power.
- Which of the sources of power is officially recognized by senior leadership?
- What are the reasons for the dominance of this form of power in your organization?
- Would a different form of power be more effective? Defend your choice.
- Your paper should include an introduction and a conclusion and should be 4-5 pages long, not including the title or reference pages, which you must include.
- Incorporate two scholarly references that are not required readings for this module. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find your sources.
- Follow the CSU-Global Guide to Writing & APA. (Links to an external site.)
Daum, K. (2013, September 30). 8 Tips for empowering employees. Retrieved from https://www.inc.com/kevin-daum/8-tips-for-empowering-employees.html
Dhyan, D. (2014, December 11). Role of politics power and perception in an organization [Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5Co8DAF0mw
MindTools. (n.d.). French and Raven’s five forms of power: Understanding where power comes from in the workplace. Retrieved from https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newLDR_56.htm
Wright, J. L. (2015, January 11). 21 laws by John Maxwell: Law #12: Empowerment [Video file]. Retrieved from https://youtu.be/D2pKRgopnUQ?list=PLo082-ZICoQ8qEP46Byb4Pr-zZct-jk8q