SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
|Workshop: Poetry Week 2 Discussion 2|
Provide critiques for two peers of your choice and one more for a peer who either does not yet have a critique or who has the fewest responses to his or her post (three critiques total). Your first critique should be at least 250 words in length and sufficiently address each of the criteria listed below. Your second and third critiques should be at least 125 words in length and can focus on one or two criteria in particular, or they can expand on or engage with another peer’s critique. In your longer critique, be sure to address the following questions:
- What is the central idea, subject, conceit, or emotion expressed in the piece? Is this expressed clearly or is it obscure?
- What is the tone of the piece?
- Is language used effectively to create imagery, or could the images be made stronger? If so, how?
- What is the point of view of the piece and how does it inform your reading?
- Is the ending effective? Why, or why not?
- Does the piece build on a particular theme? Is its exploration of the theme effective, or could it be made more so? How?
- What suggestions would you make to the author to improve the work?
Be sure to use specific examples from the piece to substantiate your critique. Remember that a critique includes constructive criticism and praise, but it should strive to balance both. It is important for the author being critiqued to understand how his or her piece is being read and whether or not the intent of the writing is conveyed effectively.
Because this is a workshop, and you are given credit on your creative writing assignments, your grade for this activity is based entirely on your three critiques.