SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
For this discussion, you will take an in-depth look at access to healthcare as a social problem by comparing the U.S. healthcare system to another country of your choice.
For this discussion review each of the following resources:
- Poor and Uninsured (Links to an external site.)
- Key Facts about the Uninsured (Links to an external site.)
- Mirror, Mirror on the Wall: How the Performance of the U.S. Health Care System Compares Internationally (Links to an external site.)
- Here’s a Map of the Countries that Provide Universal Health Care (Links to an external site.)
- Recommended: U.S. Health Care from a Global Perspective: Spending, Use of Services, Prices, and Health in 13 Countries (Links to an external site.)
Based on these resources, please address each of the following:
- In general, who comprises the uninsured population in the United States? Since the passage of the 2010 Affordable Care Act, what are the most common reasons that people still lack health insurance?
- Describe how healthcare spending in the U.S. compares to other countries. Describe how healthcare outcomes in the U.S. compare to other countries. Based on the resources you reviewed, are healthcare spending and health outcomes related to one another? In other words, does spending more on health care lead to better health outcomes (i.e. a healthier population) and vice versa?
- What is universal health care? Describe the healthcare system in at least one country that guarantees universal health coverage to all of its citizens (you can find a list of such countries in the resources provided).
- How does a universal health care system compare to the system currently in place in the U.S.? In your informed opinion, why is the U.S. one of the only wealthy industrialized democracies that does not have university healthcare coverage?
- According to the Commonwealth Fund reports, how is the performance of the United States’ healthcare system related to equity? Which social groups have the least access to quality healthcare? Why?
Your initial post should be at least 500 words in length.