SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
This discussion presents a turbine engine accident investigation. It will facilitate an understanding and application of turbine engine design, system components, propeller system, and engine operation related to an aircraft accident. This is an actual accident and you are expected to apply investigative techniques to this case study. As with many investigations, not all the information will be available to the investigator. Therefore, an investigator must apply his/her knowledge and consider other potential contributing factors, which is sometimes called taking a 360-degree view of the accident factors.
You will learn much more from participating in the investigation without any previous knowledge of the events or circumstances. But if you are familiar with the accident, or have done a little research and discovered the causes of the accident, please allow your classmates the opportunity to perform their own assessment.
Examine the discussion resources below before participating in the discussion.
- Executive Summary (链接到外部网站。)
- TransAsia Airways Flight GE235 accident Final Report (链接到外部网站。)
- TransAsia Airways Flight 235 – Crash Animation (0:52) (链接到外部网站。)
Respond to each of the following questions in your discussion post:
- Explain the engine take-off performance parameters/limits during the accident sequence compared to the engine performance specifications.
- What engine systems were involved in this accident?
- Was this the first time the engine system, that was identified through the investigation, was identified as an issue? (If this is not the first occurrence, indicate what information was available before the accident.)
- What field level engine investigation procedures appear to have been used to evaluate the engine? (Oftentimes the accident report does not state how the engine investigation was conducted in the field, so this question is how you believe the investigators may have approached the investigation.)
- How may have the investigation team evaluated the engine after recovery of the wreckage? (Oftentimes the accident report does not state how the engine investigation was conducted after engine recovery, so this question is how you believe the investigators may have approached the investigation.)
- What were the likely contributing factors to the aircraft accident (e.g., processes, procedures, maintenance, environmental, operational, etc.)? Explain why you believe these factors contributed.
- What field conditions did the investigation team face at this accident site?
- What possible factors contributed to the aircraft accident?
- What, if anything, would you do differently in the investigation?