SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Need this due tomorrow by midnigh
- You will choose a theorist whose work is significant in the field of child development. (Theorist choices: Piaget, Vygotsky, Bronfenbrenner, Montessori, Erikson, Bowlby/Ainsworth (Attachment Theory), Watson and Skinner.)
- You will write a five page paper covering the history, major concepts/ideas, and educational relevance of your chosen theorist. You will use a minimum of three references (one can be the text). You must use both in-text citations and a reference list in APA format (see the following website for guidance on APA https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/ (Links to an external site.) ). Your paper will have the following sections:
- Relevant historical information about the theorist including: events/trends that contributed to their work; mentors who influenced the theorist’s work; how that person’s work was/is received.
- Highlights of the theory, developmental stages (if any), and key concepts. In this section, describe in detail the major concepts, assumptions, debates, and principles that are central to this theory of child development.
- How does this theory address the cognitive processes associated with various kinds of learning (e.g., critical and creative thinking, problem-structuring and problem-solving, invention, memorization, and recall) – If this theory does not address cognitive development, describe what domains of development it addresses.
- How does this theory relate to education? From the perspective of this theory, how can teachers support students in their learning and development?
- How does this theory apply to children from diverse socio-economic and cultural backgrounds?