PART ONE:(SEE ATTACHMENT ANNOTE)
Creativity in the Workplace
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies:
- Competency 1: Examine how art and architecture influence the world.
- Apply critical and formal analysis to art objects and images.
- Identify objects and images in the proper context of style, culture, and time.
- Competency 2: Discuss artistic traditions and visual expression to various fields of study.
- Recognize how the creative arts are visualized in fields of study.
- Competency 3: Assess a work of art through aesthetic judgments.
- Express proper physical, psychological, and emotional reactions to art.
- Competency 3: Assess a work of art using art historical terminology.
- Express proper physical, psychological, and emotional reaction to art.
- Competency 4: Examine the influence of history, literature, religion, and technology, among other areas of study on visual culture.
- Apply concepts to the surrounding environment.
- Competency 5: Communicate effectively in a variety of formats.
- State and support a clear central idea in a coherently organized document.
- Use the accepted form and style of the field.
- Follow conventional rules for style, format, grammar, usage, and mechanics.
- Respect the dignity, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds and the individuality of other people.
Refer to the Creativity in the Workplace scoring guide to ensure that you meet the grading criteria for this assignment.
Throughout the course, you have created elements of the Creativity in the Workplace project. In this unit, you will create the main content and assemble the various pieces to create your final paper.
In your final paper, address the career that you selected to explore and how it is enhanced by visual culture. You will use the information you gathered in your research to draft the paper according to the requirements below. Note: You may include course texts and assigned readings as references, but they cannot comprise more than half of the eight minimum required resources.
To successfully complete this project, you will be expected to:
- Relate works of art to their appropriate style, culture, and time.
- Apply critical and formal analysis to pertinent objects and images.
- Describe psychological and emotional reactions to art.
- Discuss the impact of creative arts on other fields of study.
- Examine the influence of history, literature, religion, and technology, among other areas of study, on visual culture.
- Explain how art and architecture influence the world.
For this final assignment, you will submit the formal paper you have been developing, based on the outline and annotated bibliography you submitted in Units 5 and 7.
- Title: Title your paper using the career or workplace issue you selected.
- Structure: Develop your paper using the structure you identified in your outline in Unit 5 and the annotated bibliography you developed in Unit 7. Additional resources may be cited and referenced in your paper.
- Length: 10–15 pages.( TITLE PAGE , TABLE CONTENTS, AND REFERENCE PAGE IS NOT INCLUDED IN COUNT.
- Written Communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA Formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Number of Resources: Include a minimum of eight resources.
- Font and Font size: Times New Roman 12 point, double spaced.
PART TWO: DISCUSSION
“Photography has always been awarded a special status for truthfully recording the world. But that doesn’t mean all photographs, all the time. Digital imaging may pose a serious challenge to traditional photographic technology—film, cameras, paper. And it may eventually affect how people view the images they see in newspapers and magazines, or even in family albums.”
This excerpt from the PBS Documentary “American Photography: A Century of Images” forms the basis for our final discussion question.
With the dramatic technology being applied to photographic images today, who can judge how truthfully a photo portrays a scene? Discuss the impact that digital manipulation of photographs does have and could potentially have on the population.
“American Photography, A Century of Images” retrieved from http://www.pbs.org/ktca/americanphotography/features/digital.html