SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Post an explanation of how the use of CBT in families compares to CBT in individual settings. Provide specific examples from your own practicum experiences. Then, explain challenges counselors might encounter when using CBT in the family setting. Support your position with specific examples from this week’s media.
See the attached media
- Select one of the articles from the Learning Resources to evaluate for this Assignment.
In a 5- to 10-slide PowerPoint presentation, address the following:
- Provide an overview of the article you selected, including answers to the following questions:
- What type of group was discussed?
- Who were the participants in the group? Why were they selected?
- What was the setting of the group?
- How often did the group meet?
- What was the duration of the group therapy?
- What curative factors might be important for this group and why?
- What “exclusion criteria” did the authors mention?
- Explain the findings/outcomes of the study in the article. Include whether this will translate into practice with your own client groups. If so, how? If not, why?
- Explain whether the limitations of the study might impact your ability to use the findings/outcomes presented in the article.
Note: The presentation should be 5–10 slides, not including the title and reference slides. Include presenter notes (no more than a half page per slide) and use tables and/or diagrams where appropriate. Be sure to support your work with specific citations from the article you selected. Support your presentation with evidence-based literature.
Select any of these articles below
Bélanger, C., Laporte, L., Sabourin, S., & Wright, J. (2015). The effect of cognitive-behavioral group marital therapy on marital happiness and problem solving self-appraisal. American Journal of Family Therapy, 43(2), 103–118. doi:10.1080/01926187.2014.956614
Himelhoch, S., Medoff, D., & Oyeniyi, G. (2007). Efficacy of group psychotherapy to reduce depressive symptoms among HIV-infected individuals: A systematic review and meta-analysis. AIDS Patient Care & Stds, 21(10), 732–739. doi:10.1089/apc.2007.0012