The new focus of the first short essay assignment should be about exploring what it means to be an “expert” in your major field of study. Your objective in this assignment should be to evaluate how an expert in your field establishes such expertise in his/her writing. Evaluate three texts/articles published in the major journals of your field (should, indeed, discover what those major journals/publishers are) and write an essay evaluating how expertise is created–and valued–in writing. Who gets published, and how? What rhetorical, stylistic, and content choices do these writers make to establish expertise? After analyzing those three texts/articles, what does an expert look like in your major MY MAJOR IS BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION.
- Complete an evaluation essay of the assigned text(s). An analysis is demonstrated primarily through the inclusion of relevant direct quotations from the text(s) and a thorough analysis of those quotations that answers the questions in the prompt.
- Construct a thesis statement that outlines your evaluation on the texts.Length: 1, 000 words or more. Assignment must follow these formatting guidelines: double spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, 1-inch margins, and discipline-appropriate citations.
- BELOW ARE THE SOURCES AND ARTICLES TO USE FOR THE ESSAY:
Hadidi, Rassule. “A curriculum to fill the gap between business and technical knowledge to meet the global need for business and industry professionals.” International Journal of Education Research, vol. 9, no. 1, 2014, p. 75+. Academic OneFile,
- Bhamidi, Videhi, and Kasper Spiro. “Five Steps to Launching Employee-Generated Learning: Rather than trying to solve learning problems, give the business the tools it needs to solve them.” TD Magazine, Aug. 2018, p. 20+. Academic OneFile,
- Barretti, Michael L., and Sushil Bhatia. “Looking for and finding ‘the next big thing’ bringing virtual team concepts to the executive MBA and MBA classrooms: a reprise.” Indian Journal of Economics and Business, vol. 10, no. 1, 2011, p. 11+. Academic OneFile,