Synthesize the topics of leadership and teams by crafting an essay in which, using supporting materials, you assess the theory and practice of leadership as it relates to teams.
In your critical essay, address both of the following items:
– Describe and explain how one leadership model (a model deemed valid by today’s research standards) interacts with the most important performance outcomes with regard to teams.
– Choose one or two contemporary leadership theories and describe how a leader who was following the tenets of the theory or theories would interact with the members of his or her team in order to maximize the strengths of work teams in general while mitigating the pitfalls of such teams. Support your thinking by describing and applying at least one example, which can be based on an actual case or a hypothetical one.
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
– 3-4 pages in length (inclusive of APA formatted title page and Reference Page)
– Formatted according to APA Standards. Please visit the CSULB Style Manual and Citation Methods
– Contain a minimum of two scholarly sources, at least one of which is not provided in, or linked from, the course. The CSULB Library is a great place to find these scholarly sources!
Write clearly and logically, as you will be graded on content, analysis, and your adherence to the tenets of good academic writing, which should be succinct where possible while also exploring the topics appropriately. Remember that you can always improve your work by providing support from outside scholarly sources, which help both to bolster your own assertions and supplement your ideas.