SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Prepare: Prior to completing this discussion question, review Chapters 10, 11, and 12 in American Government, and review the Week 5 Instructor Guidance. Also, read the following articles: The Problem of Voter Fraud, , and Proof at the Polls (Links to an external site.).
Reflect: The United States has one of the lowest voter turnout rates among modern democratic political systems. During the last decade, many initiatives have been undertaken to increase voter participation, yet concerns about the possibility of election fraud have also increased. Additionally, some political interests feel threatened by the increase in turnout among some traditionally low-turnout ethnic minorities. Several states have recently passed legislation imposing new registration and identification requirements. This has sparked debate about whether these are tactics intended to suppress turnout or to prevent fraud. Think about the mediaâ€™s role in the election process and how both mass media and social media can impact the election process. How has the mediaâ€™s role changed in recent years, especially considering President Trumpâ€™s stance on â€œfake newsâ€?
Write: In your initial post,
- Describe voter ID laws in a state of your choosing. Summarize any recent developments or controversies regarding voter ID laws in the state you have chosen.
- Analyze and describe the pros and cons on both sides of the debate about these laws.
- Is voter fraud a major problem for our democracy, or are some groups trying to make it harder for some segments of society to vote?
- Analyze the impact that media (mass and social) has had in influencing public opinion, specifically regarding voter ID laws.
- How was the Trump/Clinton election in 2016 impacted by voter laws and the media?
This web page provides an overview of some of the differences in Voter ID laws in the different states: Voting Laws & Requirements: Voting Methods and Options (Links to an external site.).
Your post must be at least 300 words. If you are citing statistics our outside resources, please list the website or the reference entry.