In a 2 page Word document, answer each of the following questions with your own personal opinions. References are not necessary and your faculty member will be the only person to have access to your responses.
- What are your religious, moral, and/or personal values regarding relationships and sex? When do you think it is right to start having sexual relationships–under what circumstances and with whom? Where do you think your ideas come from? Do you feel comfortable describing your values to others?
- Would you like to be involved in a long-term relationship someday? If so, when? If you are currently involved in such a relationship, is it something that you always imagined you would have?
- Do you want to have children? If so, when and how many ? How would you feel if you found out you couldn’t have children?
- What are your major priorities and goals at this time? How would a sexual relationship fit in with these priorities and goals? Would it help you achieve your goals, detract from your efforts, or have no real effect?
- How does your current sexual behavior fit in with your values and life plan? How does that make you feel? If you are currently acting in any way that is counter to your values or goals, consider why that is so? Have you just not thought about how your current behavior could affect your future? Or are you feeling pressure from yourself, your partner, or some other source?