Using the Outline from this part of the assignment, write the paper.
For this assignment you will select a marginalized group (veterans, minorities, individuals with disabilities, etc.) and write a paper 2,100 words that can be used as a resource when working with an individual from the selected group. Use peer-reviewed resources to support your use of a specific career theory as well as interventions with this population. The paper should include the following:
- An explanation of who the population is and why it is important for this group to receive career counseling
- Statistics on the group (e.g., how large, how many have employment problems, how many utilize career counseling)
- Discussion of career counseling theory to be used with the group (e.g., Minnesota theory of work adjustment). Include evidence supporting the use of this theory in the general population as well as within the group. Please note: If none are available, it is important to indicate that as well.
- Basic plan for counseling utilizing chosen theory (e.g., interview, use of assessment tools, explanation of theory)
- Environmental/personal barriers that may prevent the client from finding work (e.g., disability, substance use history, felony, transportation, limited computer access)
- Local resources available to help the client obtain work (e.g., job center, training programs, support groups)
- Based on the information listed above, provide some conclusions with regard to your plan to include your opinion on whether this plan is tenable and if you think if it can work.
Using these scholarly references.
Brown, Steven; Lent, Robert. Development and Counseling – Putting Theory and Research to Work. Hoboken: John Wiley & Sons Inc., 2013.
Clemons, E. V., & Milsom, A. S. (2012). Veteran service members` transition into the civilian world of profession: Career Development, 56,246-255
Cully, J. A., Jameson, J. P., Phillips, L. L., Kunik, M. E., & Fortney, J. C. (2013). Applying psychotherapy by veterans, 26, 225â€“233.
Katz, L. S., Cojucar, G., Davenport, C. T., Pedram, C., & Lindl, C. (2013). Post-military readjustment: Validity, and reliability. Military Psychology, 22, 41-56.
Keyser-Marcus, L. A., Bricout, J. C., Wehman, P., Cambell, L.R., Cifu, D.X., Englander, J., High, W., Zafonte, R.D. (2012). Post-deployment employment after traumatic brain injury, 83: 635â€“640.
Peterson, G. W., Leasure, K. K., Carr D. L., & Lenz J. G. (2011). Assessment of context in career counseling: Career Planning, 25, 87â€“10