Select and analyze one of the following topics:
- Describe phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, and phonetics in a dialect or a language.
- Analyze how language changes over long periods of time and the use of human languages for communication between computers and people.
- Explain how language is processed in the brain, and acquired by children.
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least six scholarly resources, including a minimum of three from the Ashford University Library, in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- The Ashford Writing Center provides an example of a Final Paper, formatted according to APA style.