SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Title: Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training
Purpose of Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is for students to receive Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training – Executing DMAIC (Define, Measure Analyze, Improve, Control) Six Sigma Quality Improvement (define and measure) projects.
Resources: MicrosoftÂ® PowerPointÂ®
Select a business where one of your team members works or one with which you are familiar to make sure you are able to gather data, and for which you can identify processes to improve.
Execute the define phase of the Six Sigma DMAIC project including the following:
- Identify customers and their priorities.
- Identify a project suitable for Six Sigma efforts based on:
- Business objectives.
- Customer needs and feedback. For example, if the team chooses a fast food chain, they could observe and record defects with preparation and delivery of the food, cleaning of the restaurant inside and out, including the rest rooms
- Productivity of the operation and quality of service measured by such metrics as: wait times per each customer from the time the order is made until the customer is handed their food, customers served per hour per total number of employees, number of errors made in products served vs ordered, friendliness of the staff, and cleanliness of the operation; including inside the restaurant, outside, in the rest rooms, tables, floors, waste baskets, etc.
- Identify and develop the problem statement.
- Identify CTQs (critical-to-quality characteristics) the customer considers to have the most impact on quality.
Execute the measure phase of the Six Sigma DMAIC project including the following:
- Determine the metrics to measure the process and how it is performing.
- Identify the key internal processes influencing CTQs and measure the defects currently generated relative to those processes.
Develop a 12- to 15-slide MicrosoftÂ® PowerPointÂ® presentation, including detailed speaker notes, highlighting the summary in which you describe your work on the two phases of the Six Sigma process improvement project.
Format your assignment as if you would be giving a presentation to senior management.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.