DIRECTIONS: WATCH THE VIDEO CLIP ASSOCIATED WITH EACH QUESTION AND ANSWER THE QUESTION BY USING QUOTES , AND USING SPECIFIC DESCRIPTION TO BACK UP YOUR STATEMENTS. EACH QUESTION HAS TO BE 150 WORDS MIN.
( CLIP FOR QUESTION #1)
1) In BEAUTIFUL HILLS OF BROOKLYN, Jessie is depicted as progressing from loneliness into isolation. What are three specific triggers that bring her to this isolation? How does isolation affect older persons? What gives Jessieâ€™s life meaning? What are her joys, her sorrows?
https://bb.csueastbay.edu/bbcswebdav/pid-3156784-d… (ALL 5 CLIPS ARE FOR QUESTION #2)
2) Which character in Eve Enslerâ€™s VAGINA MONOLOGUES is for you, the most pointed one in terms of making us aware of violence against women? What are a few lines spoken by this character that confirm this?
https://bb.csueastbay.edu/bbcswebdav/pid-3156771-d… (ALL 6 CLIPS ARE FOR QUESTION #3)
3) How does Anna Devere Smith, by playing ALL the roles in TWILIGHT LOS ANGELES, show us something about herself as a performer, and as a person? How is her performance a metaphor for the worlds she would like us to help create? Which character that she plays, surprised you compared to the way you imagined the character from reading the play text? Be specific. How did she create this character? What specific acting skills did she use? What insight does she bring to viewers through this performance?
https://bb.csueastbay.edu/bbcswebdav/pid-3156779-d… (ALL 3 CLIPS ARE FOTR QUESTION #4 PART A)
4) (a) What is the central autobiographical core element/idea of Julia Sweeneyâ€™s GOD SAID HA! Nina Wiseâ€™s WHAT DO WE CALL HOME and Margaret Choâ€™s, Iâ€™M THE ONE I WANT? Describe briefly one scene from each performerâ€™s performance as evidence. Which one of these solo performance artists work do you think is most enduring over time? Explain why you think so.
(CLIP & YOUTUBE VIDEO IS FOR QUESTION #4 PART B)
4) (b) How does the work of Rhodessa Jones and Rachel Rosenthal contribute to social change? Be specific and use a quote from something each performer says and describe a moment in the performance work of each artist that supports your statement about each performer.