Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
By this time you have conducted an interview with a school professional that has experience with crisis management. You were to use the questions provided in Unit 3 and any additional follow up questions of your choosing. From the answers to these questions, you will have developed a clear understanding of the crisis management plan for that school. Now analyze this plan and make recommendations for improvement.
The assignment and analysis should include the following sections:
- Background: Describe the interviewee’s background and training in crisis.
- Members and Roles: Identify the various members of the crisis response team at the school where your interview subject works. Analyze their individual roles as part of the interdisciplinary emergency response team. Explain how the school counselor interacts with both internal and external stakeholders in this plan.
- Protocols in Place: Describe and analyze the protocols, as well as any other pertinent information about the structure of the existing emergency response plan. Specifically discuss the protocols used to secure assistance for students and their families.
- Approaches to Improve: Does the plan follow recommendations for best practice in the literature? What approaches could the school take to mitigate the weaknesses of the emergency response plan and build on its strengths?
- Demands: Explain the demands on professional crisis workers in a school setting.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA guidelines.
- Length: 6â€“8, double-spaced, typed pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Here are the questions from Unit 3:
Following are the initial questions to be asked during the interview. (You may wish to copy and paste these questions into a document to use during your interview.) Using the questions provided below and any additional follow up questions you wish to ask, develop a clear understanding of the crisis management plan for that school. You will be asked to analyze this plan and make recommendations for improvement in Unit 9, so be certain you gather all necessary information.
- Is there a specific crisis management plan in your school? Were you involved in the creation or modification of the plan? If so, what were some of the major considerations you applied to developing the plan? If not, are there any changes you think should be implemented? What and why?
- Is there a crisis management team in your school? If so, who are the members of the team? What are their roles and responsibilities?
- Does the crisis management team conduct annual reviews of the plan and make any necessary adjustments?
- How often do you encounter situations that require the use of the crisis management plan?
- How do you connect students and their families to additional resources when necessary? Are there specific protocols you must use? If so, can you explain them to me?
- What do you believe are the strengths and weaknesses of the existing plan?
- How would you describe the demands placed on a school counselor during a crisis?
- How do you ensure the appropriate people are educated about the plan?
- Are there differing plans/procedures for different circumstances? If so, can you elaborate?
- What recommendations do you have for a counselor-in-training regarding crisis management and intervention?