SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Civil liability may occur under tort law in several circumstances. For instance, a police officer will be found liable when what happened can be blamed solely on the officer and on nobody else and transcends negligence. Additionally, a supervisor can be held liable when the supervisor is involved in the act or when what happened can be linked to one or all of the seven areas of supervisor negligence. Finally, a city or county is considered liable when what happened was the result of policy or custom.
Recent cases have addressed the issue of liability regarding both police officers’ individual liability as well as the potential civil liability of government entities. Two such cases are Castle Rock v. Gonzales (2005) and Brosseau v. Haugen (2004). Review the cases of Castle Rock v. Gonzales and Brosseau v. Haugen, considering that both of these cases could be said to favor law enforcement.
- 1: Articulate how the rules of criminal procedure apply to a criminal justice practitioner.
- Explain potential individual and departmental sources of tort liability.
- 2: Illustrate ethical compliance with criminal procedure from a criminal justice practitioner perspective.
- Articulate officer- and departmental-level adjustments needed to avoid civil liability.
- Describe how sources of tort liability impact the field of criminal justice.
- Create a 1 page essay in APA format according to the instructions above. Use 2 academically verified sources for references. Utilize in-text citations.