- Learning Objective: 15.2 – Review the many U.S. economic problems since the 1960s.
- Response Question: Provide a working definition of poverty based on your reading of Chapter 15. Contrast the liberal and conservative views of poverty.
GENERAL RULES for Response Assignment (RA):
- Your RA must be substantive. Students should use proper sentence structure, grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- The length of the RA must be between 500-600 words.
- All sources must be referenced. DO NOT FORGET to provide bibliography, or web addresses for your sources.
- In case of a direct citation use quotation marks and reference the author, year, and the exact page (e.g., Diestler 2012, 93).
- Paraphrase a paragraph without quotation marks and reference the author and year (e.g., Diestler, 2012) in case of an indirect references.
- Remember, deadlines will be strictly enforced.
FORMAT ASSESSMENT NOTE: 4 (FOUR) points will be deducted automatically if RA do not adhere to correct grammatical and format requirements outlined above.GRADING RUBRIC: Each RA has been assigned a maximum of 20 points, (total 300 points for 15 RAs). The Grading Rubric below will be used to assess your work:
Evaluations Criteria Outstanding Better than Average Average Below Average Not at all 1. Explain poverty and contrast political views of it. 20 15-19 10-14 5-9 0-4 TOTAL 20 15-19 10-14 1-9 0