To prepare for this assignment:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources.
- Consider how the sexual problems and dysfunctions discussed may impact a relationship.
The assignment: (1â€“2 pages)
- Explain the causes of two sexual issues or dysfunctions that may affect relationships.
- Explain the potential impact of each of these sexual issues or dysfunctions on a relationship, both intimately and overall.
- Explain how the life cycle of a sexual relationship and where a couple is positioned in the life cycle of their sexual relationship may interact with or mitigate each of these issues.
- Course Text: Wetchler, J. L., & Hecker, L. L., & (Eds.). (2015). An introduction to marriage and family therapy. (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Routledge Taylor & Francis Group.
- Chapter 13, “Sexual Dysfunctions and Sex Therapy” (pp. 431-439 only)
- Chapter 14, “Special Topics in Family Therapy: Mental Illness, Physical Illness, Substance Abuse, Family Violence, and Divorce” (pp. 475-504)
- Article: Hyde, J. S., DeLamater, J. D., & Hewitt, E. C. (1998). Sexuality and the dual-earner couple: Multiple roles and sexual functioning.Journal of Family Psychology, 12(3), 354- 368. Retrieved from the PsycARTICLES database. (AN fam-12-3-354)
- Article: Holleran, A. (2005). Sex through the ages. The Gay & Lesbian Review Worldwide, 12(4), 12â€“14. Retrieved fromhttp://www.glreview.org/article/article-1123/
- Article: Genazzani, A. R., Gambacciani, M., & Simoncini, T. (2007). Menopause and aging, quality of life and sexuality. Climacteric, 10(2), 88â€“96. Retrieved from the Academic Search Premier database. (AN 24504795)
- Two articles from the Walden Library published in peer-reviewed journals in the last five years that each examines a different issue affecting couples who may enter the counseling setting and that discuss potential effects on a relationship