SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
The purpose of this assignment is to examine the research literature in Health Psychology and how this is applied to chronic health issues.
Choose a chronic health issue individuals experience (e.g., diabetes, fibromyalgia, asthma, Alzheimerâ€™s) that is often seen by health psychologists.
Write a 1,250-1,500-word essay that addresses the following:
- Describe problems that are often experienced by individuals and their families as a result of this illness (e.g., anxiety, depression, stigma, stress, non-adherence).
- Discuss how psychological theory can be applied to describe the source of the problem and to treat the issue for the individual.
- You may choose the psychological theory/theories you wish to apply (e.g., stress theories, adherence theories, health promotion theories, and social norms theories, as long as they are discussed in the literature).
- Describe how health psychology/health psychologists can aid individual and families in coping with the chronic health issue. Please use research to support your response.
- Discuss what research is currently being examined on the topic. Please consider discussing both medical and psychological advances noted in literature searches. What does the future look like for the chronic health issue?
Utilize a minimum of six outside scholarly sources (peer-reviewed journal articles obtained from the GCU library). Certain websites (e.g. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, American Psychological Association) may be used in addition to the six peer-reviewed journal articles.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.