Imagine that a software development company has just appointed you to lead a risk assessment project. The Chief Information Officer (CIO) of the organization has seen reports of malicious activity on the rise and has become extremely concerned with the protection of the intellectual property and highly sensitive data maintained by your organization. The CIO has asked you to prepare a short document before your team begins working. She would like for you to provide an overview of what the term â€œrisk appetiteâ€ means and a suggested process for determining the risk appetite for the company. Also, she would like for you to provide some information about the method(s) you intend to use in performing a risk assessment.
Write a six to seven page paper in which you:
- Thoroughly Analyze the term â€œrisk appetiteâ€. Then, suggest at least two practical example in which it applies.
- Thoroughly Recommend the key method(s) for determining the risk appetite of the company.
- Thoroughly Describe the process of performing a risk assessment.
- Thoroughly Elaborate on the approach you will use when performing the risk assessment.
- Use two graphical illustrations.
- Describe the components and basic requirements for creating an audit plan to support business and system considerations.
- Describe the parameters required to conduct and report on IT infrastructure audit for organizational compliance.
- Use a minimum of six quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format.