You have been asked by your administration to plan a Family Engagement Literacy Night for elementary students and families on the topic of how the five pillars of reading are instrumental in successful literacy.
Develop a one-page outline (include a sample activity) of the evening that describes your ideas for the Family Engagement Literacy Night.
Using the brochure you developed in Topic 1 as part of your background preparation, consider the following:
- Make sure all five pillars of reading are represented. How will you represent them and their importance in your literacy program? Be sure to address how the reading/writing connection is tied to this.
- How will you reflect literacy across the content areas?
- How you will schedule the time and reserve the space you need? How will you advertise the event?
- How will you encourage the families and students to attend and participate?
- How will you engage other staff members to assist in planning, attending, and participating?
Using the one-page outline as a basis, write a 250-500 word proposal for review by the principal that includes a sample activity in which families can participate.
Create a flyer to distribute to parents at a Family Engagement Literacy Night. Be sure the flyer provides information on how the five pillars of reading are instrumental in successful literacy. Include the sample activity in which families can participate, as well as directions for the activity.
Submit your outline, your proposal, the sample activity, the flyer, and the directions to your instructor at the end of this topic.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.