In this lab, you will utilize Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) knowledge to analyze the skipfish and RATS reports. You will identify the security issues identified by both tools and research remediation for them. You will also map your research findings to specific recommendations and best practices suggested by the OWASP and Open SAMM models.
Follow the steps below to complete this assignment:
- Carefully read through the Student Lab Guide linked below. It provides detailed instructions for accessing and completing the labs in this course.
- Open the Lab 8 Assessment Worksheet attached below.* Save a copy of the worksheet to your computer; this will allow you to fill it out electronically and save your answers. You will complete this worksheet and submit it to your instructor after you have completed the hands-on portion of the lab. However, it is strongly recommended that you read through the worksheet before you begin.
- Click the Lab Link in the module folder to enter the virtual lab environment.
- Read through all the material under the Intro and Steps tabs before you start working.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions under the Steps tab to perform the lab. Note: You will not be completing a lab report, so you can disregard instructions to make screen captures.
- After completing the hands-on lab, complete and submit the Lab 8 Assessment Worksheet. Use the worksheet that attached .