Short Essay #1
This assignment includes essay questions that require you to cite evidence or research to explain/support your answer.
Your essay answers must be in your own words with paraphrasing properly source credited. Quotes in lieu of answering in your own words will not receive points.
Please submit your responses as a Word document (.docx file). Make sure to number your responses so your instructor will know where one response ends and the next starts. It is not necessary to rewrite each question in your document.
Each response is worth 20 possible points. Please see the attached Rubric for the grading schematic that will be used to evaluate your responses. Your responses should be approximately one-half to one page each (double-spaced) for a total of 3-6 pages (not including Title and References Pages if you choose to include them).
1. Briefly contrast the views of Locke and Rousseau on how children develop.
2. â€œFor children to learn, we must praise their correct responses and correct their mistakes.â€ Would Montessori agree? Explain.
3. What did Werner mean by â€œmicrogenesisâ€ and â€œmicrogenetic mobility?â€ Give examples. Discuss some valuable aspects of these concepts.
4. Piagetâ€™s critics charge that he made development appear too slow. Discuss this criticism with respect to either: a) object permanence, b) conservation training, or c) Kamii’s teaching methods. Then, describe the Piagetian approach.
5. Compare conventional and postconventional morality in Kohlberg’s theory.