PLEASE OPEN AND READ THE POWERPOINT GUIDELINES BELOW FOR FORMATTING INSTRUCTIONS
ICP B Unit 1:Experimental Design
Create a power point over this topic. A minimum of 3 sources must be used. All sources must be valid science sources, articles, journals, news, or valid information. You must site all sources. Wikipedia, any question/answer sites, or any sites that are not science backed/documented will not be accepted.
The number of slides is not as important as the content. Topics must be well-researched, thought out, and presented in a logical manner. Full and detailed descriptions must be given and all work must be in your own words. Copy/Paste will not be accepted and the research will not be graded until done correctly.
The scientific method has been around for a very long time, under different names. You are going to work through the method, designing your own experiment. Assume you have access to all standard classroom and kitchen appliances.
First: decide if you want to perform your experiment on Doritos, Starburst, Fruit Loop cereal, Fruit by the Foot, or a Hersheyâ€™s bar.If there is another food item you are interested in, clear it with me first. No Twinkies! These have been done elsewhere.
Design an experiment you would like to try.
- Equipment that would be required.
- The steps of the experiment, labeled and explained.
- The control and variable, labeled and explained.
- How you would collect data and how often you would collect it.
- What you think the results might be.
- How you would present the data, besides in a report.(graphs, tables, or chart? Which one? Some other display method?)
- Include three images in relation to your planned experiment.