SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Please watch the film posted above and then in answer these questions. This should be in 12 point times new roman font and can be double spaced. The length should be 3 total pages for the answered questions. PLEASE ANSWER 7 OF THE 9 QUESTIONS BELOW.
1. Identify each of the following individuals and his role in the course of the Six Day War. What was his official role? What motivated him to act as he did?
Gamal Abdel Nasser, Field Marshal Amar, Levi Eshkol, Moshe Dayan.
2. What role did the Soviet Union play in the conflict?
3. What is the role of the United Nations and its leader U Thant?
4. Identify the different circumstances which made Israel go to war?
(military, psychological, economic)
5. What does â€œpre-emptive strikeâ€ mean? What circumstances made Israel launch a “pre-emptive strike”? What would have happened if Israel had waited until the Egyptian army entered its territory?
6. At the end of the war, Israel was three times its pre-war size. How did that happen? What territories did it capture from each of the following countries? Egypt, Jordan, Syria. Find the map in the Reader on p.205; be able to identify all the relevant areas.
7. Who controlled Jerusalem before the war? After? But listen carefully â€“ who controlled/controls the Temple Mount where the Dome of the Rock is?
8. Israelâ€™s incredible victory laid the basis for many of its current problems. HOW? What does the movie say? If this isnâ€™t clear, read Short History, 240-242 and see these websites:
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Histor… (Good article)
and last but definitely not least is http://www.sixdaywar.org (Much more detailed but interesting!)
9. What else strikes you as you watch this documentary? About the Arab states? Israel? War? Leadership?