SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Although logically, it would seem that false confessions would be a rare event, in reality, there have been numerous instances in the past of subjects being sent to prison based on false confessions provided to law enforcement. Unfortunately, research has indicated that some of these false confessions were discovered to have been coerced through police investigative techniques or tactics, mental illness or disease, and even incompetence of the accused. For this discussion, you will respond to the questions listed below.
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400â€“600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
- What do you think are some of the reasons why a person may choose to falsely confess to a crime that he or she did not commit? Explain.
- What is the investigator’s responsibility upon learning of a possible false confession by a suspect in a case he or she is investigating? Explain.
- What do you think the consequences should be for ignoring knowledge of a false confession? Why?
- How do false confessions relate to Miranda warnings? Explain.
- Should individuals wrongly imprisoned because of false confessions be compensated? Why or why not?