Laws that control healthcare come from four sources. One source is state and federal written constitutions.
- Identify and explain the three other sources of laws that control healthcare.
Review the article by Curtis (Chapter 4) that appears on the background reading page. Prepare a paper that answers the questions and meets the criteria below. Here are the four topics.
ESTABLISHING A SAFETY CULTURE
* Why We Make Mistakes
* Local Culture and Safety culture
* Assessment of Safety Culture
* A Fair and Just Culture
- Explain the central idea of each of the four areas.
- Which of the four do you feel is the most important and why?
- What does it mean to be accountable?
- What does â€œhindsight biasâ€ mean?
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Limit your responses to a maximum of 1 page for Part I and three pages for Part II, not including title and reference list pages.
- Be sure to utilize at least 3-4 scholarly references to support your discussions.
- Be sure to properly cite your references within the text of your assignment and listed at the end.
Curtin, M.A. (2011) Quality Improvement, Patient Safety & Efficiency in Outpatient Practice. Chapter 4, pages 41 to 57. http://www.ashrm.org/pubs/files/Quality-Manual-Final-Links-Verified-updated-2012.pdf