Please read the attached article (2 – pages) and answer the following questions in short answer format (3-4 sentences)
- Wiehe does not state his thesis directly. Write a thesis statement for this essay by filling in the template below. (Hint: Try answering the questions Wiehe asks in paragraph 4.) Because ___________________________________________________ ___________________________________________, beauty pageants are bad for children.
- What criteria does Wiehe use to evaluate child beauty pageants? If he wanted to make the opposite case, what criteria might he use instead?
- In his essayâ€™s boldface headings, Wiehe identifies four opposing arguments. Which of these opposing arguments do you think presents the strongest challenge to Wieheâ€™s position? Why?
- Do you think Wiehe expects his readers to have seen the program Toddlers and Tiaras? Does he expect them to have strong feelings about child beauty pageants? How can you tell?
- Afterhehasrefutedargumentsagainsthisposition,Wiehe(aprofes- sor emeritus of social work) begins a discussion of whether â€œchild beauty pageants constitute child abuseâ€ (para. 16). Should he have done more to prepare readers for this discussion? Explain.
- Do you think Wieheâ€™s concluding statement would have a greater impact if it were in the form of a statement rather than a question? Write a new sentence that could serve as a strong concluding statement for this essay.