For this paper, you must intertwine evidence from the text with evidence from research.
– You may conduct a study of the social, political, or economic context in which a work was written. How does the context influence the work? If you choose to complete this topic, please review New Historicism theory. (Links to an external site.)
– You may look at the various parts of the work, such as language, setting, symbols (as you interpret them) and write an essay showing how one or several of these parts contribute to a certain theme in the work. Such practice is called formalism (Links to an external site.).
– You may write a paper which focuses on character analysis (Ruth’s or James’ or a comparison of both) using psychoanalytic criticism. Connect your research findings to the text. Here is some further information: (Links to an external site.)
-You may approach the text with a feminist criticism perspective. Below is more information:
– You may research various parenting styles and draw conclusions about Ruth’s parenting techniques.
– You may explore a topic of your interest based on your analysis of the text.
Write a well-developed thesis that supports a 5-7 page paper. After you draft your thesis, proceed to complete your research. Derive your findings from a variety of sources. You must have a minimum of four sources. Two of your sources must be originated from the databases of West Valleyâ€™s library.