- Identify which 2 patients in the following table could serve as matched controls for the cases. Cases received the intervention and controls did not. Blanks indicate patients who did not fall in the time period. Match on age. Select the possible controls randomly, using the lowest random number provided. For the follow-up period in above problem, show a Kaplan Meier survival plot of patients with no falls. Hafsa Aâ–º Gabriella Câ–º
Patient ID Received Intervention Age Months to Fall Random Number Observation Period Follow-up Period 1 Yes 65 3 0.24 2 No 60 2 0.85 3 Yes 84 2 0.64 4 No 82 4 0.7 5 No 78 0.87 6 No 80 3 0.72 7 No 79 0.86 8 No 64 0.16 9 No 70 2 0.17
- In the following questions assume that we have followed two clinicians, Smith and Jones, and constructed the decision trees in Figure 6. Mariam Aâ–ºSolutionâ–º
Figure 6: Dr. Jone’s and Smith’s Practice Pattern
- What is the expected length of stay for each of the clinicians?
- What is the expected length of stay for Dr. Smith if he were to take care of patients of Dr. Jones?
- What is the expected length of stay for Dr. Jones if he were to take care of patients of Dr. Smith?