- (5 points) Voiced fricatives are less common across the languages of the world than voiceless ones. This may be because they are harder to produce. Why might voiced fricatives be harder to produce than voiceless fricatives?
- (5 points) Voiceless nasals are not as common as voiced nasals in the world’s languages. One reason for this is that they are not as loud as voiced ones. Why is this? What is the sound source for voiceless nasals?
- (20 points) The diagrams below show the vocal folds and snapshots of different parts of a single glottal cycle. The arrows indicate airflow and air pressure flowing up from the lungs, towards the glottis. The first (A) and last (H) figures are in the correct position but the rest of the figures have been scrambled.
- (4 points) Indicate the correct order of the figures within the glottal cycle.
- (16 points) Explain what is going on in each panel in terms of:
- Air pressure
- The state of the vocal folds.
At superior-papers.com, your custom essay order will be finished much quicker than you can even imagine. From regular orders taking a few days to urgent orders needed in a few short hours, superior-papers.com offers quick, reliable service to meet all your custom essay needs.
4870 Cass Ave
Detroit, MI, United States
+1 (940) 905 5542