The juvenile criminal process is distinct from the adult criminal system. Generally, juveniles are not tried as adults, however, they may be. Your assignment is to answer the following:
1) Do you think that it is important to treat juveniles who commit delinquency and status offenses differently from adults? Why or why not?
2) Does it matter if the offense is a delinquency offense or a status offense?
3) Does it matter if there is a victim?
4) What about if the offense is a violent one?
5) What age should fall within the scope of juvenile offenses?
6) Do you think one’s upbringing should play a role in these decisions?