1. How would an advertising plan for an online-only gift retailer differ from that for a bricks-and-clicks gift store chain?
2. Based on the concepts covered in chapter 19, how could Byrd Drugs, a local pharmacy located on the Square, try to generate positive publicity?
3. Are there any retailers that should not use sales promotion? Explain your answer.
4. What are the pros and cons of coupons?
5. Which method of promotional budgeting should a small retailer use? Why?
1. Contrast omnichannel and multichannel retailing. What do you think are the advantages of each?
2. Do you think nonstore retailing will continue to grow faster than store-based retailing? Explain your answer.
3. Explain the “30-day rule” for direct marketers.
4. From a consumer’s perspective, what are the advantages and disadvantages of the Web?
5. What must retailers do to improve customer service on their online stores?