Aim:To develop a critical awareness of current factors required for leading and managing people effectively for sustained organisational economic performance, competitiveness and prosperity.
Your Chief Executive Officer (CEO) has just returned from a conference where h/she attended a presentation on flexible working and the psychological contract. The speakers, from a variety of organisations in the public and private sector, presented case studies detailing the organisational benefits that they had received from the flexible working strategies, based on modern notions of the psychological contract, that they had introduced. Although each speaker seemed credible, it appeared that what was meant by these terms differed from speaker to speaker.Furthermore, each organisation seemed to measure ‘flexibility’ in a different way and report different outcomes.
Although still very interested in how ‘flexible working’ and the ‘psychological contract’ can benefit your organisation, your CEO has asked you to undertake some research in order to understand what these concepts are, and whether it really does have the reported benefits of improving employee performance. H/she would like to know more about what the organisation can do to develop a more positive ‘psychological contract’ in the workplace.
Within Galfar Engineering & Contracting SAOG located in Sultanate of Oman. draw on relevant research evidence and organisational practice to produce a short report of approximately 1600 words addressed to Galfar Engineering & Contracting SAOG Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer:
- Task 1:Critically explore and explain perceptions of ‘flexible working’ and the ‘psychological contract’.
- Task 2:Critically analyse how each of these concepts are shown to operate in Galfar Engineering & Contracting SAOG and the obstacles to be overcome by management to ensure a contribution to organisational performance.
- Task 3:Using a change management model provided within Unit materials, draw conclusions and make recommendations based on an argued business case for changes in your organisation to improve high levels of employee engagement in Galfar Engineering & Contracting SAOG. Please note, if a diagrammatic action plan is included, it should support appropriate accompanying text in the main body of your answer.
- Introduction: (100 words)
- Literature Review: around (600 words)
- Discussion: around (600 words)
- Conclusions and recommendations: (300 words)
*** Word count: 1600 words.
*** In-Text citation and references using Harvard style.
*** It’s mandatory to cite those Attachments and it’s has been uploaded named: “Human Resource” and “Organizational Behavior”