TASK #1: Quality and the Board
Scenario: You were recently hired as the Director of Planning for a mid-sized hospital and the CEO has asked you to develop a brief memo that explains the role of the governing body as it relates to the oversight of quality. The CEO also asked that you identify 2-3 specific actions used by progressive healthcare organizations to better engage the board in quality oversight. In addition to describing these best practices, be sure to compare and contrast the strengths and limitations of each model.
- The memo should be at least one, but no more than two pages in length, single-spaced.
- Use terms, evidence, and concepts from class readings.
- You need to cite at least three sources for this assignment, outside of the textbook. The CSU-Global Library is a great place to find resources.
- Your paper must be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA.
- If you need assistance with your writing style, start with the links under the Research Help and Writing Help tabs on the CSU-Global Library’s homepage.
Review the Module 2 Critical Thinking rubric for full details on how you will be graded on this assignment.
- Chapter 2 in Essentials of Strategic Planning in Healthcare
- Delmatoff, J., & Lazarus, I. R. (2014). The most effective leadership style for the new landscape of healthcare. Journal of Healthcare Management, 59(4), 245-249.
- Millar, R., Freeman, T., & Mannion, R. (2015). Hospital board oversight of quality and safety: a stakeholder analysis exploring the role of trust and intelligence. BMC Health Services Research, 15(1), 1-12.