Please open the attached documents. You will read the documents and answers the questions below. For short answers, there are two questions where you have to listen the speeches of Eisenhower and Barbara. I attached the links within the document.
Identification terms: Write one or two sentences to define the term and explain its significance.Each term is worth 2 points.
- Social Contract:
- Natural Law:
- Anna Howard Shaw:
- Margaret Chase Smith:
- Separation of powers:
- Checks and balances:
- Policy problem:
- Public policy:
- Political culture:
- Market failure:
Short Answers: Address each item in three or four sentences.Each item is worth four points.
- What is the tit-for-tat strategy in game theory?
- How are zero-sum games different from nonzero-sum games?
- What was the significance of Eisenhower’s farewell address?
Dwight D. Eisenhower.“Farewell Address.”January 17, 1961.
- What was Barbara Jordan’s central message?
- How does the United States Constitution address the following quote?“If men were angels, no government would be necessary.If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary.” (We have a system with separated powers (3 branches) and checks and balances because men are not angels.)
- Alexis de Tocqueville was concerned about the omnipotence of the majority leading to tyranny. Why did he think this could happen in a country that is based on the sovereignty of the people?
- How does the context of a social problem affect the likelihood that it will be addressed?
- Why might government choose to get involved in a problem?