Find methods to measure the security level of a computer network setup and/or demonstrate ways that security can be breached:
- Creating and/or using network sniffers
- Testing the effectiveness of antivirus software to detect network worms (and the performance of this software)
A security breach is any incident that results in unauthorized access of data, applications,
services, networks and/or devices by bypassing their underlying security
mechanisms. A security breach occurs when an individual or an application
illegitimately enters a private, confidential or unauthorized logical IT
A security breach is also known as a security violation.
- Research various methods security could be breached and write a report on it.
- List the different methods you identified in your search. (Information must be included: Name, type of attack, how it works, and what did it affect).
- Projects reports are expected to be 5 pages long. Don’t stretch the report just to meet a particular page number, nor feel constrained if it needs to be longer to get your key points and results across.
- A good report must answer the standard questions about any research project.