In the role of a forensic counselor, you will be charged with subscribing to a particular theory to guide your practice. Some of the most well-known theoretical approaches to treatment are psychodynamic, humanistic, cognitive behavioral, and client centered.
For this assignment, complete the following:
- Choose and analyze an approach to counseling forensic clients.
- Include a discussion of the basic tenets of the approach you have selected and also include the curative factors of this approach.
- Describe the effectiveness of their use with the forensic population.
- Include your rationale for choosing this approach.
Post your response in a minimum of 400–500 words.
All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources.
Your responses to your classmates should rely upon at least two sources from additional professional literature. Professional literature may include the Argosy University online library resources, relevant textbooks, peer-reviewed journal articles, and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (.edu, .org, and .gov).
- By the due date assigned, post your responses to this Discussion Area.
- Through the end of the module, respond to more than two of your classmates’ posts that differ from your opinion. While responding, compare the similarities and differences between what you have constructed and what your classmates have.
|Discussion Grading Table||Maximum Points|
|Quality of initial posting, including fulfillment of assignment||
|Quality of responses to classmates||
|Frequency of responses to classmates||
|Reference to supporting readings and other materials||
|Language and grammar||