Option #1: Critique of Compensation Legislation Paper
Assume that, as the compensation professional, you are to present to managers three employment laws that impact compensation. Explain the laws and identify how they impact compensation and the work environment.
For this assignment you will develop a 3-5 page, APA-formatted paper. As the compensation professional you will be writing the report for the owners of a new organization. In your presentation cover the following:
- Discuss the role of benefits in an organization.
- Discuss the principle required benefits an organization must provide to its organization.
- Discuss two additional benefits the organization may consider providing its employees (these are not required by law) and how these benefits would positively impact the organization.
- Write a 3-5 page paper or about 1500 words, not including the title and reference pages, which are required.
- Your paper must be properly cited and formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA.
- Include a formal works cited page. This is an individual paper; however, you should reflect on our discussion forums and incorporate ideas from there, as appropriate.
- You must support your analysis with at least two scholarly references and can include resources from this course.
- The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these sources. You cannot use Wikipedia or any CSU-Global assignment. For this assignment, a credible source is defined as:
- A scholarly or peer-reviewed journal article.
- A government-based website or publication.
- A trade or industry journal article, publication, or website, including those from trade organizations such as SHRM.org and TD.org.
- The paper must be formatted correctly using APA style.
- Submit your paper using the submit assignment button in the Critical Thinking folder.