SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Objective: To give students an understanding of human impact on ground water resources.
Learning outcomes: At the end of this exercise, students will be able to 1) Identify and articulate issues related to human impact on ground water resources; 2) Offer strategies society may employ to address challenges related to depletion of non-renewable resources such as water.
Activity: Students are to watch three videos:
- The Ogallala Aquifer of the Texas High Plains: A Race Against Time – 26 min. Url:
- Pumped Dry: A race to the bottom of the Ogallala in Kansas – 14 min. Url:The Ogallala Aquifer of the Texas High Plains: A Race Against Time (Links to an external site.)Pumped Dry: A race to the bottom of the Ogallala in Kansas (Links to an external site.)
- Pumped Dry: Dry wells, sinking ground in Calf. – 17 min. Url:Pumped Dry: Dry wells, sinking ground in Calf. (Links to an external site.)
(section 1 and Honors GE111 to watch video #3 on their own).
- Summarize the main issues raised in these three videos – names of people, places, dates, issues are key to getting full credit.
- List three main environmental and ecological problems that may be caused by overuse of underground water resources (a.k.a ground water mining)
- Discuss three strategies society may use to address the challenges of depletion of non-renewable resources such as water.
What to turn in: In about 400 but not exceeding 500 words, provide answers to the above questions in the order they are listed. Upload your responses as a MS Word document of .pdf on Canvas by due date.