SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Please no plagiarism and make sure you are able to access all resources on your own before you bid. Main references come from Murray, C., Pope, A., & Willis, B. (2017) and/or American Psychological Association (2014). Assignments should adhere to graduate-level writing and be free from writing errors. Please follow the instructions to get full credit. I need this completed by 03/22/2020 at 5pm.
Assignment – Week 4
Family Life-Cycle Stages
Although every individual experiences family life cycle transitions in unique ways, common challenges and experiences often arise at these transition periods. For example, many couples experience changes in their sexual relationship after they become parents. Likewise, adults’ understanding of what it means to have “positive” sexual functioning may differ at different stages in the family life cycle. It is important for counselors to pay attention to the unique needs of the individual clients they serve, while also keeping in mind these common challenges and experiences that may arise.
For this week’s Assignment, use the Sexuality in Adulthood Across the Family Life Cycle chart provided in this week’s Learning Resources to describe both:
· At least two common sexuality-related transitions or concerns at each stage.
· At least two examples of how research and theory characterize positive sexual functioning during each stage.
The family life-cycle stages you will consider for this assignment are:
· Single adulthood
· Committed, long-term relationships
· Becoming parents
· Divorce/relationship termination and remarriage/re-partnering
· Older adulthood
The Assignment (2- to 3-page paper):
For the five family life-cycle stages:
· Describe two common sexuality-related transitions or concerns at each stage.
· Provide two examples of how research and theory characterize positive sexual functioning during each stage.
· Briefly describe how you might intervene or use this information to assist clients.
Support your Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are to provide a reference list for all resources, including those in the Learning Resources for this course.
· Course Text: Murray, C., Pope, A., & Willis, B. (2017). Sexuality counseling: Theory, research, and practice. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage
· Chapter 5, “Lifespan Development and Sexuality”
· Chapter 8, “Sexuality and Intimate Relationships”
· Article: Aalgaard, R. A., Bolen, R. M., & Nugent, W. R. (2016). A literature review of forgiveness as a beneficial intervention to increase relationship satisfaction in couples therapy. Journal of Human Behavior in the Social Environment, 26(1), 46–55. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Article: Brotto, L. A., Chivers, M. L., Millman, R. D., & Albert, A. (2016). Mindfulness-Based sex therapy improves genital-subjective arousal concordance in women with sexual desire/arousal difficulties. Archives Of Sexual Behavior, 45(8), 1907–1921. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Article: Faircloth, C. (2015). Negotiating intimacy, equality, and sexuality in the transition to parenthood. SOCIOLOGICAL RESEARCH ONLINE, 20(4). Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Handout: Sexuality in Adulthood Across the Family Life Cycle