SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Precompetition PowerPoint Presentation
Fitness experts are often consulted on the best dietary practices prior to a race or competition. Athletes should understand the importance of consuming high-glycemic carbohydrates prior to competition. Watch the video Eat to Win: Nutrition for Athletes and read Chapter 3 in the course text. Then, create a presentation for athletes on carbohydrate use during exercise. In your presentation cover the following topics:
- Explain the recommended intake for carbohydrates;
- Analyze the average daily energy intake in the average adult male and female to female and male athletes preparing for competition;
- Explain the importance of knowing the glycemic index of a food;
- Analyze carbohydrate use before, during, and after exercise;
- Explain two food products that should not be consumed before athletic competition;
- Explain why the precompetition meal should be higher in carbohydrates that protein;
- Create a sample precompetition meal and explain why you choose these food products;
The presentation should be a minimum of 8 PowerPoint slides in length and formatted according to APA style
- Must include a title slide with the following:
- Title of presentation
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two scholarly sources. The course textbook and a minimum of one scholarly source fr
- Must document all sources in APA style.
- Must include a separate reference slide, formatted according to APA style
- Must include detailed speaker notes for each slide.
- Must be creative, using images and charts. Remember to cite all images taken from an online source. Creative Commons (Links to an external site.) and Flickr (Links to an external site.) are great websites for open source images.