Telenursing and telemedicine will only be successful if patients engage in the program. You have been asked by your manager to pilot a program aimed at improving transitions of care using the new telemedicine system recently implemented at your hospital.
- What are some of the ways that you can encourage both patient and provider engagement to ensure the pilot program’s success?
- What barriers or challenges would you anticipate?
Mr. B is a 77 year old African American man who complains of difficulty urinating.
- What could be the underlying cause of these symptoms?
- What are his risk factors?
- What laboratory tests would be needed to confirm possible differential diagnoses?
- What interventions would you expect?