SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Listen to a recent TED talk about one controversial approach to combating global hunger and malnutrition: genetically engineered (GE)foods. The link to the video is below:
Answer the following questions max 3 pages double-spaced, 600-800 words). Please number your answers and use your own words.
- Provide background information on the speaker, as made available from the TED website. What are her credentials? (2 pts)
- Briefly describe two or three techniques breeders have traditionally used to manipulate the characteristics of agricultural plants. Hint: these are techniques that do not require a scientific laboratory and have been in use for a long time. (3 pts)
- What are some of the arguments for (in favor of), and/or benefits of, genetic engineering of plants in general? Then, describe 3 specific examples of crops successfully enhanced by GE. (10 pts)
- What is the scientific consensus (conclusions from scientists) regarding the safety of GE foods? (3 pts)
- Provide some of your own opinions regarding the speaker’s suggestions. Do you agree or disagree with any of these main points? Do you think they are feasible and would be effective? Can you think of any arguments against these suggestions? (7 pts)