– Subject: Operations Management
– Recommended textbook for the subject (it is attached): Heizer, J., Render, B., & Munson, C. (2017). Operations Management, (12th Ed.), Boston, MA: Prentice Hall, ISBN: 978-0-13-413042-2. Chapters 13, 14 & 15.
– Use of APA style required in all the assignment.
– Answer the following essay questions:
- Yield or revenue management is used with organizations that have a perishable inventory such as airlines, hotels, car rental agencies, and cruise lines. List five of the shared characteristics that make yield management of interest to these types of companies.
- In a product structure diagram, select the one that is not part of the diagram.
- Children are found at every level of the diagram except the top level
- Parents are found only at the top level of the diagram
- All items in the diagrams are both parents and children
- Children are found at every level of the diagram including the top level
- All of the above
- What is computerized short-term scheduling that overcomes the disadvantage of rule-based systems by providing the user with graphical interactive computing?
- Which of the following is not one of the graphical method steps?
- Find labor costs, hiring and layoff costs, and inventory holding costs
- Construct the transportation table
- Consider company policy that may apply to the workers or stock levels
- Determine the demand in each period
- None of the above
- Which of the following is a lot sizing procedure that assumes a finite time horizon beyond which no additional net requirements are needed?
- Part period balancing
- Economic order quantity
- Wagner-Whitin algorithm
- None of the above
- Explain the relationship between short-term scheduling, capacity planning, aggregate planning, and a master schedule.
- CASE STUDY – Old Oregon Wood Store: Go to page 630 in your textbook and look for this case study at the bottom of the page. Study it carefully and answer the four discussion questions at the end one by one.