– Recommended textbook for the subject: Heizer, J., Render, B., & Munson, C. (2017). Operations Management, (12th Ed.), Boston, MA: Prentice Hall, ISBN: 978-0-13-413042-2. Chapters 5 & 6.
– Answer the following essay questions:
- (a) why it is necessary to document a product explicitly
- (b) what techniques are used to define a product? Use toy products as your example in both parts of this question. Go online to a toy manufacturer and give the Web site as your source to research this question. Provide the logo (cut and paste) of your source.
- Explain what Philip Crosby meant with his statement that “quality is free”.
- Go online to http://www.thinkor.org/2010/04/security-screening-bottleneck-analysis.html. Research this Web site and its articles and write a 250 word (or more) report on what you found of interest. Give your own opinions.
- Explain in your own words, “source inspection” and how it is used.
Multiple-Choice Questions – select the correct option and explain your answer:
- Expected monetary value is most appropriate:
- When probabilities of each state of nature are known
- When probabilities are the same
- When both revenue and cost are known
- When the probability of each decision alternative is not known
- None of the above
- True or False? ON the crossover chart where the costs of two or more location alternatives have been plotted, the quantity at which two cost curves cross is the quantity at which “total costs are equal for two alternative locations…”.