SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Suppose that the distributions of three statistics classes were:
- Class 1: mean=88.7%, SD=1.2
- Class 2: mean=65.6%, SD=3.4
- Class 3: mean=71.2%, SD=.75
Based on the distributions, discuss which statistics class you would want to be in and why.
Hint: Review the material that discusses the measures of central tendency (i.e., mean) and measures of variability (e.g., standard deviation).
Your task is to estimate the proportion of students at your college or university who expect to take longer than 4 years to finish their degree. To accomplish this task you will need to develop a suitable sampling frame and sampling approach. You have a lot of latitude here, with the one exception being that your sample must be a random sample. Complete the steps below to complete the task:
- Describe your sampling frame.
- Describe how you would select a sample from the sampling frame you identified.
- Describe the way in which you would ensure that the selection of the sample is random.
- Discuss what sort of problems you might run into if you were to actually select the sample as you described and why?
Note: You are not being asked to actually go out and select a sample. You are being asked to hypothetically think about how you would identify a sampling frame, select a random sample from that sampling frame, and to discuss any potential problems related to your methodology.