- You have been contacted by a businesswoman who wants you to evaluate her company’s leadership training program. She wants to know whether there are pretest influences on leadership assessment. She wants a strong design. What design will you suggest for her?
Solomon four group design
Posttest only control or comparison group design
Posttest-only design with nonequivalent groups
- Non-experimental qualitative designs have which of the following characteristics?
An active independent variable
Sample a broad range of participants
Relies heavily on verbal rather than numerical data
Uses mostly inferential statistical techniques
- A researcher wants to understand the sub-culture of the KKK in the Deep South. He joins the Klan and studies their behavior as an inside member of their society. This approach would be considered
- A primary data collection method for case studies is
Paper and pencil tests
- We can be most confident that two variables are causally related when
The independent variable (IV) precedes the dependent variable (DV)
The independent variable (IV) and the dependent variable (DV) are associated
There are no extraneous variables that can explain the relationship between IV and DV
All of the above are present
- The randomized experimental approach generally eliminates bias in assigning participants.
- When matching is used, the characteristic that is matched must NOT be related to the dependent variable.
- Purposive sampling is an example of probability sampling.
- With a stratified random probability sample, the sample needs to be weighted according to the population proportions to most adequately describe the population.
- A convenience sample always selects participants who are representative of the accessible population.