SUPERIOR-PAPERS.COM essay writing company is the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click the button below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Power, Politics & Glory including Social Protest/Affirmation
- Read Chapter 9 Power, Politics, and Glory, page 244 to page 278.andRead Chapter 10 Social Protest/Affirmation, page 279 to 307.
Assignment Directions:What about politics and power would you protest and why?Using your textbook-Chapter 10 and videos/links below to select an artist that interests you and intrigues you best regarding the theme of social protest/affirmation.
- Research this artist (view the videos about the artists in the videos below but also do your own research)
- Recreate your own form of social protest/affirmation art.
- This art can be performance, music, dance, or other media of art as described in Chapter 3.
- Take a photograph of your protest art.
You may recreate your own version based on your selected artist, or create a new idea. Base your protest art on something real you are really concerned and care about. Please use discretion and best judgment. You should make/perform this protest art in the privacy of your own home.
- Do not actually protest.
- Instead think of yourself as an artist who uses a current story in the news and makes an artwork about it.
Some ideas for in home photos: create a collage using magazine and newspaper clippings, write/record a song, write poetry, use props rather than people such as clothing, figurines (dolls or Legos). You might employ the help of friends to pose as models. Perform a poem, or act from a play. But always remember to do this at home for your own safety.Include in your written portion of your submission:
- the final art (photo or video),
- the artist you researched
- the ideas behind your protest art.